First, we should know what is cancer? Commonly everyone knows that it is dangers decease, but really don’t know how it is happening and how we can cure this?
Here we will share 6 early sign of Oral Cancer, that you should be aware of them before it becomes too late:
- Swellings, lumps or rough spots in your mouth, neck rough spots/crusts/or eroded areas on the lips, gums, or other areas inside the mouth, are one of the first signs that you could be developing mouth cancer.
- Evolution of velvety white, red, or speckled (white and red) patches in the mouth
- People who suffer from oral cancer face difficulty in chewing and swallowing, moving the jaw or tongue and in speaking in the early stages.
- Another symptom of oral cancer is Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
- Feel pain in areas like your mouth, neck, face, and ear are other body parts that oral cancer could be developing.
Can it be Treatable?
Many times cancer at an early stage can be treatable, and several oral cancer cases have been cured with surgery, Radiation therapy is also applied to treat and cure oral cancer. Chemotherapy may be considered before or after surgery or used separately when the cancer is detected at a later stage.
Factor that assists Oral Cancer to grow
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- A family history of cancer
- Excessive sun exposure, especially at a young age.
While it’s impossible to fully prevent oral cancer, but with timely detection and treatment of an early stage Oral cancer can have a chance of diagnosis. Visiting your Ottawa dentist on a regular basis will help ensure any signs of oral cancer are identified as early as possible.